Friday, August 21, 2009

Rejoice and mourn!

So I have the happiest news in the whole entire universe!!!! The state of Utah, along with the rest of the world, has had a large amount of funding cut from its education programs, including Weber State University. I am on a state scholarship. And they cut the amount my scholarship was paying. I got more than a little annoyed, and wrote an email to three different state legislators and told them that I thought it was completely ridiculous that, on a scholarship that pays a certain percentage for 60 credits, and I have only used 50 credits of scholarship, they would cut it on my last 10 credits. Plus, they gave me the scholarship...you can't just cut the amount!?!?!!?!?!?!??! Anyway, long story short, I had a voicemail from my dearest father this afternoon, and he opened my mail and THEY REINSTATED THE INITIAL AMOUNT FOR MY SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!! I am more than a little excited about this. Especially since I just paid $1,100 today in fees that have nothing to do with tuition and student fees. Just dental hygiene fees. Ouch. This is where the mourning comes in. Good thing I bought gas this morning, might be the last time in a while!!!!!

No comments: