Thursday, November 12, 2009

Patients Lacking

So for about the past month I have been easy-breezy sailing through clinic, because I've had all my appointment slots filled, everyone knew about their appointment and showed up, and I was working towards all the classification requirements I needed to fulfill. So. Then today happened. I got here in the morning, and the day was going just as planned: Pt showed up right on time, sat in chair, filled out health history, started to do extra and intra and....he had an active herpetic lesion. Sad sauce. So I had to dismiss him until it heals and then I can treat him later. Sigh. So that meant it was only 8:15 in the morning, and I had no patient. After calling a few people, Shaylee and I realized we both didn't have a pt and decided to work on each other---and passed off three PE's, so I have a nice sealant on tooth number 3! Yay! So at least that was productive.

Then we get to the afternoon clinic (intermission-Sterling came and said hi to me during lunch for about 3 minutes and it was so happy!) and my patient calls me about ten minutes before his appointment time, and says he can't come. All righty then. I call a few people, no one can really come in, so I walk back into the office, and they said someone just walked in and wanted a teeth cleaning---so I took her to my chair! Unfortunately, she was on a time crunch...so I never did get to cleaning her teeth. I did her OD, 4 BWX, 2 PA's (all were conventional, which was super annoying and time consuming) and everything, right up until the point of treatment, and then she had to leave. But happily enough, I rescheduled her for my first clinic day back next semester---which means everything's done, and when she comes back I can just start right in to scaling! Happy first day of next semester clinicals!

No comments: