Sunday, February 11, 2018

8 years

I had our hilarious 14 yr old babysitter snap this for us because I knew our phones would be terrible. We went to Gentri for our traditional anniversary date. It was an absolutely wonderful performance, stellar music, and a great time away from all of the kids! Also--it was the first time this particular girl has babysat for us, and she is in our ward. Her parents we have been getting to know better and they always have us laughing--best sense of humor ever award to that couple--and their daughter is no different. She was SO quick and witty and delightful. And I was only around her for a few minutes! Anyway--after the concert we walked up and down Atlantic Ave with all of the twinkly lights and got some toasted coconut ice cream that was probably the best thing I've ever tasted in my life. After such an incredible concert experience---I would say it was a perfect celebration.



I had Will take some pics of us after his birthday party. Because I was taking pics of him and the camera was out. And I was amazed we survived because Sterling and I were both on three hours of sleep that Saturday. And Will snapped about twenty photos and I was so proud...until I looked at them and realized Sterling was crossing his eyes in ever. single. one. That man!!!!


I made him take some more after I realized his craziness.

Eight years. I can't believe it. Four kids. Lots of school and moving and life and crazy and wonderful. Lots of annoyed and lots of grateful-to-have-you-by-my-side. Lots of figuring and refiguring and sometimes having it just perfect without even trying. Lots of no sleep and lots of hilarity. Lots of hum-drum every day hard work. But sometimes that is what makes it so good. Happy Anniversary!


1 comment: