Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Summer Livin'

I wish I had taken a picture of my new pad...but I didn't, so you'll have to settle for a description. I took my last final last Tuesday, and moved in to my new place on Wednesday-spent a day at mom and dad's in Hyrum, worked, and spent Friday at the institute having an absolutely FABULOUS time from about 2 until midnight. This years council is going to be FAB! 
Back to my new apartment, or rather, my new basement bedroom, or rather, my not-so-new basement bedroom. My last apartment was REALLY big, open, spacious, and had four bathrooms and two fridges for the six girls that lived there. Lots of space, a walk-in closet, and I must say, I was pretty much spoiled--especially since my roommates scholarship covered part of my rent, so it was cheaper for me than it really should've been. My basement now will save me $60 a month, which is a goodly sum when added up between several months, but lets just say...we taped our ceiling together the night we moved in. Dad was more than a little concerned about the state of the house, and its really old. BUT---I am growing very quickly attached to my basement bedroom. Enough room for both me and my new roommate Kathryn, a large bathroom with two closets, and the lady upstairs just painted a wall and put in a new fridge in the basement just for me and Kathryn so we aren't so squished up in the kitchen (we share a kitchen, which I haven't really tried yet, since I've been getting free dinners at linger longers and at FHE, so we'll see) but for some reason I just love old houses, and I'm thinking this place is going to be great....if somewhat of an adventure :).
I also started my second job today--a housekeeper at a hotel. And yes, I get to knock on the door and say "housekeeping!" haahaa. Its a bran-spankin'-new hotel, and a little small, and I got the job cause one of my really good friends is the Housekeeping Manager, and her uncle owns the hotel, and today went really quickly, and really well. I actually find it really rewarding to clean up a room and leave it sparkling clean. I get to turn on the tv's while I'm working, and since I'm hopelessly behind on world news, I'm excited to catch up. I'm also full-time at JCP again, and lovin' that. The store was 8months old when I started working there last summer, and we had some SLOW days, but people remember its there now, and we have a steady flow of customers, which means I'm never bored and enjoy it a lot more. So here comes a summer of 60 hours of work a week! At least it'll pay for my last year of school, and then, no more odd jobs for me---I'll be cleaning teeth for good! YAY!(or at least, thats the hope)
Tonight I am back in Hyrum for a wedding reception, one of my best friends from MCHS, and I really can't believe I'm old enough to get married. I'm really happy for her though. Congratulations Meagan!!!! Thats all my news, boring, and dry, maybe, but thats my life!

No comments: