Thursday, July 8, 2010

july 4th festivities

We started our day out by riding horses around dad's corral. Marlowe, Sterling's brother, came with us, and that is him on the horse between me and dad.
And that is him riding like a cowboy! Haahaa
This is Ethan entertaining us before the parade started, because we were all very bored. We happened to be at the very end of the parade. Almost everyone apologized that they were out of candy. Somewhat disappointing, but we got enough as it was.

This is Anders holding up the dead blow snake that Uncle Ethan killed. All the little kids were quite fascinated.
This is Dad making homemade root beer. This epitomizes July 4th for me.
This is some sweet red/white/blue jello that mom made. It was delicious.
This is Myles, me, Sterling, and Marlowe waiting for the parade to start!
And everyone else waiting for the parade to start....Lynaea, Hailey, mom, Kourtney, Ethan, Lindsay Ann, dad, Andrea, Eli, Myles....
After the parade and after a barbecue, everyone was quite hot. Instead of doing the slip 'n slide, all the kids just went out to the field that dad was irrigating, and played in a mud hole instead!
Hailey, Cassidy, Anders, Wyatt, Kiersten, Lynnaea, Cowen, Sterling, Danica, and Myles inside the BIGGEST mud hole.
This is my hot husband. I know, he has a farmers tan. It's all right. I like it.
Anders, Hailey, Miriam, and Lynnaea trying to catch some sun to warm up.
This is Koob. Sterling and Marlowe played it with us. I love it. But I am not good at it. Sterling wasn't particularly good at it either. So we lost. A lot.
This is the new game mom and dad got...I think it's called Ladder Ball. My husband and his brother Marlowe smoked everyone, and we all loved it. This is Lindsay Ann and Dad.
Me and a sparkler. And yes, it was cold enough for jeans and a jacket on July 5th.
Andrea, Wyatt, Sterling, and Marlowe with fireworks. Our fireworks this year consisted of much ingenuity, cardboard, duct tape, buckets, water, a shovel, and other fun things. It was a little scary, but VERY fun! I picked out the BEST firework, it went on FOREVER and it was amazing!
Sterling and his sparkler. A great end, to a fabulous day.

1 comment:

Megan said...

thanks for posting pics - looks like everyone had fun - so sad I wasn't there!!