Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Busy Life

I feel like we have been all over the place in the last week, and I am SO very excited to sleep in our own bed tonight. But, we have had a lot of adventures! In one day we were in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana, after coming from Utah. We went to a museum in Rigby, ID where the inventor of television is from. We went to West Yellowstone and watched Old Faithful erupt (I've never seen that before!) we went to an air show at a base in Idaho Falls and that was pretty neat, but hot, and ridiculous because they wouldn't let you bring food and drinks in and the lines were horrendous and prices outrageous! I met Sterling's real mom for the first time in my life. And her husband Arthur, who is hilarious. We saw a buffalo in West Yellowstone on the road walking right beside us!!! We also went to a cabin right off Trapper's Loop (right outside of Ogden) and walked to an incredibly beautiful reservoir. So. Here's the pictures. And they are opposite chronological order because I always load the pictures wrong and I'm too lazy to fix them. So starting with our lovely hike at the cabin.
This is the Rexburg temple, isn't the sun just absolutely PERFECT behind that spire?
This is pictures of the air show...much cooler in real life than seeing pictures of it.

This is Karen, Sterling's real mom, and her husband Arthur.

This is the buffalo that walked RIGHT BY US on the road!!!! It was crazy.
This is us waiting for Old Faithful to erupt.
Old Faithful.
Some weird pools. That is some REALLY hot water right there. Bacteria can't live in it.
This was the mud pots. I liked them.
This was some geysers along the way.


Sterling enjoying his huckleberry ice cream. I got buffalo chip. It was AMAZING! So incredibly creamy. Buffalo chip had chocolate ice cream with swirls of caramel and big chunks of chocolate covered nuts. It was the best ice cream I think I have ever had.
This was a fresh-water spring that they built a little platform around so its just like a drinking fountain. There's no faucet but the water just continually squirts out!
The end. Maybe I'll post some more pictures later, when our internet connection isn't acting up.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awesome trip - and cool pics!!! Fun times as newlyweds to do trips like that. Fun with kids just not as fun.