Sunday, December 1, 2019

CANADA! WATERTON!

It was really windy when we got to the border. Big surprise, right?
All the peeps when we arrived at the temple straight from a day of driving.

I think I put a nicer camera pic of this on a different post, but OLD CHIEF and my Grandpa's farm! (I guess my Uncle Jerald's farm, now)

First things first of course, right after the temple(well, the temple for everyone else, me and the littles went to a park where we randomly met up with my cousin Travis and his wife Rachel and kids. Funny, he said hi in the parking lot and I was like "Weirdo, who's talking to me?" and then I realized it was my cousin HAHAA and then I remembered I was in Southern Alberta and I was probably related to everyone practically, so it felt more normal the rest of the trip!  We headed straight for some poutine.

My kids didn't really like it. Oh well, more for me!

Uncle Ethan taking Russ on a ride--which was definitely the highlight of his young life. He was thrilled.

Visiting my big brother Tyson!

Grandma and Grandpa


Great grandma and grandpa

After leaving Uncle Montey's and stopping at the Cardston Cemetery, the first full day in Canada we spent in Waterton. It was FREEZING. And I'm not just saying that as a Floridian. I had been in the slightly cooler Utah for the past month. And that particular day was around fifty degrees with a FRIGID wind that would not stop. My poor kids--I had brought them their one pair of pants and one jacket that they owned, but they were dying. When we stopped to take photos at the beautiful Prince of Wales hotel, it was not that fun. BUT LOOK AT ALL THOSE COUSINS AND FAMILY!!!! 

Against my mother's better judgement, we decided to persevere and hike in Waterton as planned. LUCKILY, it turned out fabulously and the wind cut down and that made it enjoyable weather. Huge thanks to Megan, Danica, Lynnaea, Kiersten, and everyone else who helped my kids, held my kids, and made my solo mom trip possible. I LOVE HIKING and I especially love hiking in Waterton, it's just the best possible thing for my soul. Not to mention, for a good portion of the hike I was beside my lovely mother and that was so much fun.

Russ ran almost the entire trail by himself. And Megan said when he finally gave out and she picked him up, he was almost instantly asleep. He's a hard worker and a go-er!
Molly with some gorgeous scenery and also all the poor trees from the fires of last year.

Aunt Megan saving the day and carrying Russ!

Kiersten carrying Gracie! Love my nieces so, so much!

After the hike Aunt Melodie and Uncle Montey met us with lunch at the lake. Delicious food, fun lake. Here's Ethan taking a quick nap.



Wyatt and Sadie.

More of Aunt Megan doing what she does best--thank you for loving my baby!

Natalie and Molly!

I think we have Nicolas, Ruth, Travis' son, Jack, Sebastian, and Devaney

Back to the Hotel pics


Much better! Here I'm smiling!






More pics from the lake! Travis's daughter, Cassidy, Sadie, Ashlee

And Isabel

Tad and his little baby came!


MY KIDS! YAY FOR CANADA!



Russ fits right in with Canada in his buffalo plaid, haha.

It really was that gorgeous.


Yay for Canada!




I had to keep all those photos in for the progression of Molly's dance, baahaahaa.




Will, Aunt Melodie's grandson x 2, Jack, Sebas, another Aunt Melodie, second row is Russ, Ruth, Devaney, Natalie, Molly. ALSO just wanted to note that Jack Jack's laugh in this photo is Wyatt reincarnated.



Best cousins. Devaney and Ruthie.


A lot of the cousins walked in to dunk themselves here, (see Natalie in this photo) and I didn't let Ruthie because she had already been really cold and I didn't want to deal with the aftermath of her being freezing, having nothing to change into, and being absolutely miserable the rest of the day. She thought I was the worst. mom. ever.



Ethan and Kourtney and Journey and Sierra and Ashlee and mom.







Jubal and Will.






Kenzi, Russ, Molly, Natalie




Waterton was a fabulous day. Thank you!




No comments: