Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rasmussen Reunion 2009

Our reunion started with a sweet new game called Koob. Everyone had a great time with it---I really loved it, but that might've been cause I was actually decent at it, and Lindsay Ann and I had some good times moaning about losing. It was pretty outrageous.

We had a carnival, and it had to be the most fun I've ever had at a carnival in my entire life. We had Brett being a Mad Scientist, lighting pickles up, making eggs fall into pop cans...stuff like that. We had Wyatt and his assistant Megan giving pony rides in the corral, we had Andrea testing your knowledge and giving out books, Derek was at the balloon toss with prizes, Lindsay Ann and Kami were face painting, Grandpa was making snow cones the entire time, I had a book nook with lots of free books (dad had a bunch free from the university so there were books everywere!) and Mom and Leo provided lunch of hot dogs and chips. Ethan was all suited up at the dunking booth--which later became a main attraction for everyone, and all the little kids got dunked. It was a really fabulous idea, with amazing planning and talents that went into it, and everyone had such a great time!


Last night we had our annual karaoke contest, and it was pretty intense. We started out with races, all sorts of wacky races, and then had dinner, and then moved on to the karaoke, which Derek and Brooke and family won for the third year running---we'll have to do something about that! It was a really fun night. I danced so hard that I thought I would die of exhaustion last night, and my calves are sore today from running around on my toes so much! I must say, we have some crazy-awesome dancing skills in this familia!





No comments: