Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lovely

Sterling brought me home flowers and they are SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! They are all varieties of purple, but this one flower has a deeper purple on the inside, and I love it. I think he brought home flowers after being chastised by Elder Hales, who talked at our stake conference on Sunday. He told all the men to bring flowers home regularly to their wives every so often. And to always walk in the door and immediately ask "How are you? How was your day?" and then say "I love you so much, and I missed you, and what can I do to help?" It was really funny. He had some hilarious stories about when his wife was stake RS pres and if he heard her drive in and he was running behind, he'd stick all the dishes in the oven, make the kids go to bed with all their clothes on, and threaten them if they let mom find out. He said it was really kinda crazy how she'd walk right to the oven and open it, haaahaa!!!!!!!!!!

At any rate, we got some GREAT marriage advice from an amazing prophet of God, and we got to hear from him both at adult session and conference, but ALSO my husband is the biggest sweety in the whole wide world anyway, and probably would have thought of flowers on his own (probably???). Oh I love that man!

1 comment:

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

I think he go the idea from my awesome hubby. He is pretty much the best! ;)