Sunday, December 12, 2010

Shocking

Yesterday we went to a reception for one of Sterling's really good friends from high school. We were scared we wouldn't make it in time to see them, as Sterling barely got off work in time to run there. We made it just as they were about to make their escape, and we gave them a big hug. Then we stood around and talked a little bit with some of Sterling's old buddies. His friends like to joke a lot, and they were chatting about something while I kissed Sterling several small times (honestly, I didn't even notice it that much until it was pointed out). His friend Cameron pretended to be all disgusted, so I took Sterling's head in my hands, wrapped my leg behind his, Sterling lifted me up a little (you see, I'm too short to actually kiss him without some sort of compromise) and we REALLY kissed. I think all of his friends were rather shocked. It was quite fun. To all of their hoots and hollers I merely said "My dad would've called us amateurs." To which Sterling laughed and said "I have some pretty sweet in-laws."

Sterling said they probably were so surprised because if they had the same idea of what I was like, as he did when they were all in high school, he didn't think that was at all something I would have done. Apparently he thought I was task-oriented, driven, and not very fun. Hm. He never partied with Aleesha and me.
Later, Cameron told us he thought we were a really great couple. I wonder if the kiss had anything to do with it. HAHA

No comments: