Friday, December 31, 2010

One and Two Make THREE!

So, I was going to be good and not post this until I was three months along (12 weeks) because thats when its more normal to post, and we might have an ultrasound by then....but I decided to post now, two weeks earlier. Our baby will be #35 on the Rasmussen side, and around # 3 on Sterling's side...but I think both sides of the family are REALLY excited! (everyone already knows, so its not like this post is a big shocker) We are due August 7th, 2011.
So, I keep getting asked how everything is going. Pretty ok. I'll be able to get on my parents insurance July 1st, so for check-ups, we're trying for Medicaid (hopefully we qualify) and since we haven't been approved yet, I haven't been to the doctor yet. So lets just say, a HUGE THANK YOU to all of my wonderful five older sisters who have been AMAZING at giving me advice and tricks for getting rid of nausea.

I had an entire week of throwing up 5 times a day, but thanks to my oldest and wisest sister and some wonderful modern medicine, I only get nauseous about twice a day now, and haven't thrown up since. I have lost 10-15 pounds-ish, which is a little annoying. I lost fifteen pounds before my wedding(on accident, not on purpose), happily gained about ten of it back, and have since lost it all again. The annoying thing is, now that I'm losing weight again, none of my pants stay up. Hmph. I did go out and buy one pair of a size smaller jeans just to make myself feel cute, but its kind of a waste, since I'll probably never fit them again in my life. Sigh.

The below picture is the DAY we found out I was pregnant....before losing all the weight. I should do another picture now, of me 13 pounds lighter. Haahaa. One more month and I'm out of the first trimester, and hopefully not sick, and hopefully gaining weight by then!
Sterling has been an absolute angel. He sat with me on the bathroom floor after the first time he was home to hear me throw up several, several times. He's not too annoyed when I tell him not to touch me, not to breathe on me, not to sit by me (I know, I'm a cuddle-monster and I feel this way sometimes????) And he's been a saint about not cooking meat in our kitchen. The smell kills me. Other than that....we are SO EXCITED!!!!!!! We planned it for the summer so we can adjust before another semester begins, and we feel like it is perfect timing! Welcome baby Haws!

Oh yeah, and Christmas was great! Yay for our first Christmas together! We had lots of traveling and lots of family fun. Sterling got a fish tank...so I guess that means we're getting fish, and I also got him a razor and I cut his hair today all by myself for the very first time!!!! It turned out pretty good too.

6 comments:

Kayli said...

Unless one and two make FOUR of course. ;)
Yes, welcome to the next decade + having to keep four different sizes of clothes in your closet. Annoying. But don't lose hope that you'll ever wear your new jeans again. Every size is possible in the future.
congratulations!!!

Aleesha Burke said...

I haven't even announced it on my blog crazy! Of course I haven't updated my blog in months.

Aleesha Burke said...

Oh and congrats

The Haws Family said...

Everyone who reads my blog already knows. So...it wasn't really a big announcement.

Heather and Jake said...

Congrats Lindsey!! I am so excited for you!

Sara said...

Congratulations! I guess I haven't really been to your blog before, so now I know. :P I hope you feel better soon!