Saturday, March 26, 2011

Frying Pans

This is a picture of what I am going to put up in our baby girl's room. Along with all of our food storage and book shelves and any other kind of storage people keep...in that same room. My wonderful sister Amy was getting on my case at not doing ANY decorating, so I told her I was going to put up some James C. Christensen pictures from a calendar I bought. Only, when I looked at it, I realized that all the pictures were more boy-ish, and not quite as dainty as I might wish for a beautiful little Ruthie. So I looked about a bit, and fell in love with the following pictures on etsy. I bought them, and emailed the picture to said sister. Now she told me she will take the decorating from here. Like I said, I don't really see how you can decorate a basically 5x5 room that is already chock-full, but I'll let her do as she pleases! In other news, I went to my best friends baby shower today...and she got some super cute outfits! Things I learned: Don't buy 3-6 mo. clothes because thats what everyone else will be buying, get something older. Also, even though its less fun to go pick out diapers, or fingernail clippers, or an ear thermometer....thats probably what everyone else thinks too, so you should do it anyway. Haahaa. I must say though, baby Liam will have some adorable outfits to wear!

Now, to the part that generated the title for this post. Frying Pans. I have decided that they are an ingenius invention. There has been one sitting on our stove all day. It is yellow. I got a red one from my sister Andrea several years before I got married...and I use it frequently. But one day when we had just barely gotten married, Sterling fell in love with a yellow one at a store for $3, and I let him buy it, although I did wonder why we needed two frying pans...I figured it was worth the $3 if it made him THAT happy! Well, it did. And it still does. He uses it pretty much daily. And the thing I love about it, is that every day it continues to stay together and be useful, I am amazed, because really...it was $3. The other thing I love about it, is you can make multiple meals out of it in one day without washing it. Yeah. Or at least, we do. Sterling made some sort of egg thing in it for lunch while I was gone. Then I made hashbrowns in it this afternoon for a snack, and it still looks clean...so I'll probably make dinner in it before I even think about cleaning it. What a lovely, lovely frying pan.

Sterling bought me a dozen roses last night! They are so incredibly beautiful! I might or might not have been a little anxious about how little I have seen him lately. I really do realize that he is a gem of a husband and that he has seven tests in the next three weeks...three of which are comprehensive finals...and that I need to be a good, supportive little wifey. But sometimes emotions get the better of me. And so he brings me roses. He said he even looked for the deepest, darkest red ones that were still in bud shape...cause he knows thats what I love. Ahhhh.

No comments: