Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

My very first Mother's Day with the cutest baby ever!


I have learned to place a high estimate upon the love of mother. I have often said, and will repeat it, that the love of a true mother comes nearer being like the love of God than any other kind of love.
Joseph F. Smith


You are the guardians of the hearth. You are the bearers of the children. You are they who nurture them and establish within them the habits of their lives. No other work reaches so close to divinity as does the nurturing of the sons and daughters of God.
Gordon B. Hinckley



My wonderful mama and my cute baby on Mother's Day at the park.

My wonderful mom-in-law and her beautiful daughter Bridget at Bridget's wedding on Thursday (more pictures to come, now that I have a computer back).
This was my FIRST official mother's day!!! Last year, I was expecting, but I hadn't had a sweet little baby yet. It was fabulous. Sterling bought me a beautiful necklace that I really, really wanted (after Ruth broke three of my necklaces at my sister's Amy's wedding) and we spent all day with wonderful family. There was food involved everywhere, which pretty much, is awesome.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yay for first Mother's days! :) Glad you had a marvelous day.

Kayli said...

So, the other day we had the missionaries over for dinner and one of them (who is from Heber City and knows Amy and Alyse's family well) has red hair. So he said, "I love all the redheads here." And then we discovered that he was the only redhead in his family, and I said how I was one of only two, but we each had redheaded kids and then OUT OF THE BLUE my little sister with brown hair and brown eyes had a redhead. (I'm sure this was all so fascinating for the elder.) But Brett's like, "She's not really a redhead." And I'm like, --uhh, since you've never seen her and I have. And then when you posted this, I made Brett come look, and he obviously had to admit that we're not making it up when we say that Ruth has red hair.
The end.