Friday, May 11, 2012

Weddings and Moving

I thought this summer was going to be long, endless days of Sterling studying, and nice stroller walks in the sunshine. May feels like it hit with a big punch in the stomach. Why does life get so so very busy? I have a week-long work retreat that is going to be nice, but miserable. There is a reason I only work two days a week. Also, Bridget -Sterling's sister- got married yesterday. She was an incredibly GORGEOUS bride, and while I did take some snap shots, mostly I was trying to keep my baby happy the whole day. (It was one of those days when you realize how lucky you are that your parents and in-laws are used to babies and have baby-friendly houses, and baby-friendly nap places. Actually...Ruth really did FABULOUS up until the last hour of the reception.) The wedding was beautiful, the luncheon was delicious, and you should all be eagerly anticipating some sweet, happy pictures. (When I get our borrowed computer back from my dad, who borrowed it back for a week)

Also, we're moving. Not anything crazy. Just about six blocks. To a basement apartment. It should make it so we don't have to take out a student loan during Sterling's undergrad. Ruth will be sleeping in the laundry room of our new place. Its going to be awesome.

What else? I don't really know. I just know that I feel like every minute between now and moving day-the 31st- is jam-packed with all sorts of crazy things. Maybe June will be the slow, lazy month of summer that I was eagerly anticipating? One can only hope.

No comments: