Sunday, March 11, 2018

Random Bits+Father/Son Campout

Swinging at playgroup on a Wednesday morning.

 I don't know if I've ever typed this up before, but we try to go to playgroup with the Boca ward (south of us) on Wednesday mornings. Will and Ruth are at school and Molly is so excited to have something for just her to do. When we do happys/sads at the dinner table at night on Wednesdays she is always sure to point out that Ruth and Will had school and SHE had playgroup. She likes to play with baby Ray and her friends Lottie and Olive and a few others. It's so nice for me to get out and see moms. I find I like it for other reasons this year than previously. Now I need it less for something to do with my kids. I have plenty to do at home, having kids in school somehow made the days busier, but if I take the time to go I really enjoy it. And it makes me happy that Molly has something she looks forward to so much!
A lego dinosaur I helped Will make!
Now that Russ takes a bottle it is EVERYONE'S greatest desire to get to feed him! We take turns, although usually I say it's mommy's haha.

I think this was last Tuesday. I made it to the temple and then I feel like I had a bad case of restless leg syndrome and I'm not even pregnant! It was bad--I think the lady sitting beside me thought I was possessed. Oh well. I only have one more name now to go for a brother in our last ward that asked me to do some for his family, and I am super excited to get that one done now!

 After taking Ruthie to the dance, Sterling came home and changed and took Will to a Father/Son Campout. He set the tent up in POURING rain in less than seconds and managed to keep the inside dry! After that he jumped in the car beside Will to wait out the rain...and it stopped. HAHA. But that meant all the fireside activities had been put off and they were able to be there for all of it!

In the morning when they got home I asked Will how he liked it, he held up two fingers and his thumb (he does three weird haha) and said emphatically "For breakfast we had pancakes with syrup and I ate THREE MARSHMELLOWS ON A DIRTY STICK!" haahaahaaahaa. Sounds like a perfect campout!
Helped dad roll up the tent!

Those two. I just love them so much!
 I am so grateful that Sterling knows me well enough that he knew he had to take some pictures! These are absolutely priceless!
This is so cool that he took a panoramic! I LOVE that I got to see all the tents and the beautiful morning sunshine!!!
Sterling took a pic on his phone of Ruthie eating her pizza after the dance.

And this was her and some of her friends from school at the dance!

 Jeff and Diana were super nice and had us over for dinner last Sunday to celebrate my birthday. They made us ribs in their new smoker. It was the most amazing thing ever. They also made cornbread souffle? Something like that--it was dreamy. And they made these roasted potatoes that were also to die for. AND she made me a giant pazookie to eat with ice cream on top! Basically we should eat dinner there every Sunday. And we watched MegaMind with them and the kids. We'd never seen it and I loved it--super cute show. The kids loved it. All around a wonderful birthday celebration! Thanks Jeff and Diana!!!!

No comments: