Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday Afternoon

I think this particular afternoon was two weeks ago now. I went to a book club after church while the rest of the family took naps and so Sterling and I had some deep and insightful conversations on this particular walk. I hadn't actually read the book but I was hugely intrigued by the story line and had to discuss it all over with Sterling to try and figure out where exactly my feelings stood. 

I propped up my camera to try and use the self timer. Only, we could never figure out when it was going to snap the picture so it was a little wild--haha.  

I drive past this little walking path quite frequently, but I didn't know where it went. I convinced Sterling to try it out and now we all want to go back every Sunday. It was shady and beautiful and the sun streamed down. Such a beautiful afternoon.

These three. They are the best of friends. They are the best of enemies. Sometimes they hold hands and imagine these incredible games and enjoy each other's company for hours on end and I love it so, so much. The weather has been down in the 70's again (thanks to the snowstorms north of us) which makes playing outside wonderful--and it's been so nice to have them out together enjoying themselves. And then sometimes...I think we should invest in restraints? Bahaha. Oh the hitting and spitting (?!?! this is new and not welcome) and snatching of toys that can occur! I sure hope they remember all the good times!




This guy was riding by and offered the kids a ride. He was so kind and patient with them! It totally made their day. Thank you, stranger!


My baby. He is NOT allowed to be this big and long. But oh! How I love him! I love his snuggles and his smiles and his soft cheeks and his dimpley elbows and fingers and his joy in the world.






Old Man's Beard over all the trees.


These tie dye shirts are from two years ago at Sterling's family cabin. Will has worn it bi-weekly ever since. He actually had a bloody nose on it last week and I was worried I'd have to try and throw it away without him noticing--but it came out enough that I'm okay with him wearing it. Haha.


1 comment:

Kami said...

I LOVE the family photos at the beginning of this post. And the pictures of your kids running. So fun!!! I'm glad you keep writing and posting on your blog--it's so nice to read!