Saturday, May 12, 2018

Kid-isms.

I am the WORST at writing down adorable things my kids say. Which is such a travesty because Molly has some real winners lately.

One of my absolute favorite things she says is "smil-oh-wing" it sounds a lot like 'swallowing' but she means 'smiling'. Because Russ is such a happy baby, she says it frequently--"Look mom! Russee's smilohwing at me!" I love it. Sometimes I even say "he's what?" just to get her to repeat herself. Haha.

Today the kids were riding bikes and Molly was having hysterical fits of laughter because she was ramming Will's back tire with her front tire. It just hit her funny bone. At one point, he was slowing down, so she was passing his back tire and couldn't hit it anymore so she said something to the effect of Will! Go fast! I'm following up at you!---It was super funny.

The other day while driving in the car Molly was telling me, in great length and detail, about how when she went to Rupee's school (which we had just been at for Muffins with Mom) she wasn't going to be scared of the prisoner's, and she was going to ask the prisoners what the black stuff on the ceiling was. I was so confused by the whole conversation. I finally figured out that the cafeteria had open piping, and she wanted to know what it was. And she wanted to find out by asking the 'principal' but she kept saying 'prisoner'. I was laughing so so hard. I also loved how she said she was going to be so brave to ask her.

My kids have an obsession with going down the stairs head first. They call it 'belly sliding' and literally do not descend our stairs in any other fashion. And when they have to walk down the stairs, they do it with jubilation "Guys!! Belly-sliding!!!!" It's hilarious. I love how kids can take the mundane and make it so much fun!

Both Ruth and Will have been ending the school year on recycling units. Ruth remembers so many things and has made me be a much better recycler at home (I'm not terrible--I just don't go to any great lengths). The other day on the way home from walking Ruth to school Will saw two water bottle on the ground and asked if he could pick them up and put them in the garbage (I've told them to ask first, kids will pick up anything haha). He picks them up, throws them in the garbage with triumph and yells "I'm saving the earth!!!" It was the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE--I'm Saving the Earth!!! THat is awesome. Your header needs updating to include Russ. He is adorable!