Monday, November 4, 2019

Lake Martha Hike - SNOW

 We went on an absolutely incredible hike up Snowbasin the first of July with Kami and Leo and fam and Andrea and fam. Luckily for me, Cowen was willing to lug Russ around on his back for me. And when Russ got tired and started pulling Cowen's hair, we swapped kids and Andrea carried Grace and Russ fell asleep on my back. 

It was the first time Molly and Russ and Grace have seen snow! Will and Ruth don't remember snow, so they were just as thrilled. It was a cold, cold hike. But the views were amazing. And watching all our family chugging along that trail was exactly my happy place. I love the mountains! I love all the cousins! Thanks to Cowen and Leo for lifting many, many children over the steep and wet parts!




Andrea brought walkie talkies. My kids were in HEAVEN! (Andrea also brought jackets that her kids weren't using and my kids were lucky enough to wear, thank you!)


SNOW







My girls are the cutest. 

The view was absolutely incredible. 





Made it to the lake!



We kept hiking to the next lake. It was even more cold and windy and more snowy and hard to not slip on the trail. My kids were so done. I would have LOVED this sans kids.




These twins even unintentionally matched! Cutest cousins!


Made it to the next lake!

Leo napping. Or escaping from kids. Or both.




Sisters! None of them have babies to carry, so Andrea carried mine. Love them!

 We ended with sandwiches from Kami with bread she'd made at like 2am that day. And banana bread from Andrea that she'd made that day. And a whole lotta dancing and singing from children. It was so much fun.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Aww, that was so much fun! And it's weird to see myself in pictures that aren't posed, because I'm usually the one taking pictures. Random. Anyway you should come visit again!