Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of Clinicals

Welcome to school and the dental hygiene world! I started Monday, first I had Radiology Lab which went really well, was pretty straightforward, and life was going smoothly. Then I had my first afternoon of clinicals. It wasn't scary or overwhelming, I just felt really disorganized and I didn't know where to put anything--and with all those instruments I felt like I had a LOT of stuff. We mostly went over sterilization, the computer program, whether or not our hair, scrubs, and shoes met the requirements. I am actually happy that our hair has to be pulled back and bobby-pinned and no strands around our face...it took me less than a minute to do my hair, and I don't feel bad about it because it has to be that way! Haahaa. I got to know the names of the first year students a little better which made me feel more secure about life in general. Really, I felt like everything was over my head and I'm still hoping it will slowly settle into my brain and the whirlwind will become common routine. But really, for a first day, not too shabby.

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie Poulsen said...

Lindsay great job on your blog. Everything will start to gel soon. Let me know if you need anything.