Thursday, August 28, 2008

2nd day of Clinicals

So, I survived yet another day...and after tomorrow, an entire week! Second day of clinicals was much more calm and happy. Or, at least, I felt that way. We learned a couple PE's (process evaluations, which is basically directions that we have to memorize about doing something) and then they let us pass off one that we had learned on Monday--which went really well. Although, I know they were being really nice because it was our first PE. We got to play with teeth (a typodont) strapped to the headrest of a clinical chair. It was pretty much awesome. Haahaa. We also got to squirt them with water and suction it up, take off the pretend calculus(white out) and basically, I just was able to feel a lot more comfortable in the clinical setting. It's weird doing hands-on activities at college, I've grown so used to book work (or, didactic work, as I learned from Prof. Mcconaughy). I rode my bike to school today and splattered mud ALL up my back and backpack. Sad. And I got my braces changed yesterday and they put an elastic from my upper to my lower teeth. My teeth hurt SO bad that I've just been going hungry all day. Whenever I try to eat, it hurts, and I'd rather be hungry. I have icecream at home, and will hopefully soon remedy this situation. Aleesha flew in to Utah last night!!! YAY! Welcome back! There is going to be a LOT of fun things between Provo and here throughout the next semester, I can feel it. Last night Sana (my Mongolian roommate) taught me how to say Goodnight in Russian, unfortunately, I can't even pretend to spell it. So I'll say "I love you" in Russian, which I learned a couple nights ago . Ya tebya lublu. Sweet, I know. Sana is pretty much the coolest roommate ever. She cooks. Need I say more? That is my life up to date---have a great day!

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie Poulsen said...

Lindsay,
As long as you meet the needed amount of blogging with clinic (I can't remeber what it is) I say the more the merry. Have fun with it.

Heather and Jake said...

Linds...my first day with Scoville...nightmare! Only the morning though...lets just say it was crazy crazy! But then the afternoon went AWESOME! Pretty sure we did 5 crowns in one day so I am now an expert :) Oh yes Body Worlds is coming to SL in November I think...and yes it costs...and yes you should come as well! I will give you more info when it gets closer! Miss you!

Brooke said...

I am sorry about your teeth, that brought back very bad memories about braces and elastics going from top and bottom. Ouch!!! I feel your pain and if you lived closer I would cook some very soft food for you!! Love ya!