Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last Day

Today is my last day working at Pleasant Valley Dental for Dr. Scoville (and/or Dr. Adams and Dr. Florence, depending on the day). I thought that since this blog was created for dental hygiene, I would share some funny happenings from work today. I woke up with a really bad canker sore on the inside of my bottom lip. I think what happened was I slept against my braces, and it rubbed it raw through the night. It hurt all morning long, and finally I decided to put some Benzo-jel on it, which is the topical anesthetic we put in patients mouth so that they don't feel the shot as much. I knew I should keep my tongue away, but of course, as soon as I put it on my lip, I licked it....and my entire tongue went numb. It was kinda funny actually, but it definitely took the pain away, which was nice. My friend and coworker Heather was laughing at me, and another coworker, Ardie asked what was going on, so I told her. She informed me that if I put the blue etch(used in fillings) on my lip, and held it there for three minutes, that because it is an acid, it would hurt really bad, but make it heal faster. I'm not sure I believed her, but I figured it was worth a try. It hurt like CRAZY!!! But, it does feel a little better. Ardie said to give it a day, so we'll see. It has been a good last day of work though. We have one patient to go, and it is fillings--which is my favorite, so I'll get to do them one last time! Life for me is going great, all my roommates are getting moved in, my apartment is starting to slowly look furnished, and we have a kitchen table! YAY! So that is the story of my last day at work.

2 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

It burns it burns!! :)I will miss your smiling face here at the office!

Megan said...

Cute blog - and it was fun to read - hope your lip feels better - I have been coerced into putting silver nitrate on one one time and that KILLED!! Your picture of your profile is gorgeous - you are gorgeous. Have a good day.

Megan