Monday, March 2, 2009

Braces

So, I fully enjoyed last semester being everyone's guinea pig with braces. They all were happy because they had someone (myself) to practice braces on. I, on the other hand, had no such opportunity. Today my patient came in, and she was a lovely Class 1B....with braces!!! It took me a little longer to do everything, so I was a little over on time, but all in all everything went really well. I had a hard time on the buccal lowers because of the edematous gums from braces, and the braces themselves. But I could feel the calculus, I just couldn't quite figure out a way to get to it :) It was a good day. I did four conventional bitewings. Me and conventional films are just not good friends, I ended up with two retakes, both of which the prof did for me, and one turned out about the same---so that made me feel at least like I was doing what I should be! Bring on the braces patients....I am ready!

No comments: