Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No Window

You never really realize how important your drivers side window is...until you don't have one. On Saturday night my committee had a social in Huntsville, and I went running right before. I was trying to cool down fast, so while I waited for the AC to kick in, I rolled down my window a couple of inches. Then I went over a bump. Then my window slid ALL the way down. Then it wouldn't go back up. Then I was very sad. But I didn't have a lot of time to think about it, I was jumping in the shower, getting ready, and heading to the social. We drove to Huntsville with my window down the entire way, and let me tell ya, it was LOADS of fun. Memories of "Pioneer" songs floating through my head! Haahaa. On the way back, it was a little less joyous. Lets just say the girls huddled under a quilt I keep in my trunk, and the boys tried to look like they weren't cold. The next day, my landlord gave me a tarp/canvas to hang over the door so that the window was covered. Which was lucky, since yesterday it RAINED all day long. Yes. Oh, one good thing about an open window though---I got treats left on my seat!!!! I got rained on though, to work, from work, and then decided not to go to FHE, because I didn't want to get cold and wet again. But today it is getting fixed, mostly because my dad was concerned that I wouldn't have a window while I go to Heber Valley, then Park City, then SLC, then Logan this weekend. And let me tell ya, I will be VERY grateful to have a window back. My car is a little bit of my personal statement of freedom and allows me to feel like I am personally in charge of everything I do right now in my life. And lets just say driving to Farr West this morning for a dental appointment was more than a little chilly. I'm very grateful to have it fixed, and I will FOREVER now, be grateful for my drivers side window.

No comments: