Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Today I fell in love

He's tall, and strapping about 6 foot 3 with broad shoulders and intelligent, chocolate brown eyes. He's African American and he was wearing a dark blue pin-stripe shirt, with a burgundy paisley tie and a creamy suit coat, and I gotta say, that has to be the sharpest looking outfit I have ever seen! He was the most respectful, kind, and generous man I have ever met, and he was so proper and formal I felt like I was walking into a 1940's movie and I should have an elegant evening dress on and I should curtsy and let him kiss my hand. I do have to say, he had dashingly bright white hair, and he probably isn't quite as trim as he used to be...although he's more trim than most men more than half his age. Okay, so my true love was 81 years old, but a more charming man I've never met. He was my patient today at the VA hospital, and I think he's old enough that he must of served in WWII, plus he is a lawyer, and he grew up in North Carolina, which means he was getting a law degree in the midst of racial segregation and fighting. I would DEARLY love to hear his story, and sometimes I ache over my lost calling in life of majoring in history and traveling around the world writing people's unknown stories. Sigh. Anyway. The afternoon was VERY confusing because he was supposed to have a partial denture made, the lab hadn't made it, the dr. didn't have it...and they basically wasted a lot of my time because I stood around waiting for the dr's to do stuff, and not getting anything done myself. We only counted his mouth as three quads, but one quad was considered a class 3, so I guess I can't complain too much! And he was such a charming patient, it was a fabulous afternoon. Makes me want to marry a southern gentleman. Too bad he's married, and most of them have died off. Sigh. More proof I should've been born in a different era.

2 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

Haha oh I miss you dearly! I have always said that I should've been born in the roaring 20's or the 40's. I just don't fit in this era :) Miss you and hope everything is going well!!

Kayli said...

Lindsay when are you coming around again? Wal-Mart called and your glasses are in.