Friday, September 4, 2009

Clinic

So, I've been at the VA twice already, once for patients, once for CA...but yesterday was my first day back at the WSU clinic. Can I just say---I absolutely LOVE professors who explain to you how to improve, and watch you do it, so you feel a little bit secure in the knowledge that you might be learning how to do things correctly! I feel a lot more calm about instrumentation, because when things come up that professors point out, I feel like I can learn and accommodate that....whereas before I just tacked it on to this overwhelming monumental list of things I didn't think I could possibly learn in this lifetime. Funny how a couple months later I'm feeling pretty ok.
Really though, it wasn't that exciting of a day. My sister and brother-in-law came in, I had high hopes that my bro-in-law would be a difficult classification because he hasn't been in to a dentist in over 8 years....but no, just a 1B. Not that I can fault him for taking excellent care of his oral health...but still. I did take a full mouth of xrays on him though, because he hadn't been in the dental office so long, he fit all the prerequisites for needing lots of xrays. And I sure utilized that. I love phosphur plates PS and I think the whole world should switch to only using them. So I finished two class 1B's. It was nice to get some xrays in...finish eight quads....and really just to get accustomed to the clinic routine once again. Lets hope I get some harder classifications quickly though...cause I'll be needing them!

On a happier note, for everyone else who reads this blog, my first evening program activity was a RIOT! So much fun! We had over 200 people in attendance, I had to send my presidency members to buy more food, and we still ran out by 10pm. I spent from 7-5 in clinic and from 5-11pm at the institute building, but oh so much fun. I suppose you can't go wrong with S'mores and Emperors New Groove, but it was just so surprising because all of our summer activities were so small! I suppose thats whats to be expected when everyone moves back in for the semester! I think it really pumped my committee though, to see how important their jobs really are---and I certainly delegated the responsibilities! We had a few moments of 'series of unfortunate events'...we didn't have the right key to get to the sound system....we forgot matches(how do you make smores over non-burning coals??!?!?!?!?!?!?!) we needed extra plug-ins.....Simon heroically risked his life on the roof to rig our projector sheet....Sam's Club doesn't carry marshmellows(who in the world would have ever guessed???!?!?!?!!) But we live and learn....and by the time you finally learn, your time is up, and its the next years turn! But I am loving it so so so SO very much, although there were some rough moments this week. Personally, I think I am blessed to be alive and standing and so supported by everyone! THANK YOU SO MUCH! This has really got to be the BEST position ever!

No comments: