Thursday, September 17, 2009

Power Outage

Today was a really good day. Generally speaking. I mean, it would've been a really good day if I was already a RDH, was working in a dental office, and dreamed of class 1B's all day long. As it is, I am SCRAMBLING to find some decent classifications so that I can fulfill all of my requirements. Today I had a class V and a class 1B. Sigh. I feel really confident now though, that I could do two of those in one appointment time, which means I could do four patients per clinic day. Unfortunately, I knew one was a Class V, and who knows what kind of work goes into those, and the other one was a new patient, so I had no idea she'd be a 1B. sigh. It was good to have a Class V this morning, because Kara---being the amazing person that she is---reminded me that we needed to do exams on patients, so I made my first patient an exam, and I'm glad I accomplished something. And I'm kinda glad I had a 1B this afternoon because........
The power went out.
All over Ogden.
Over 10,000 people were without power.
Just so happened that 16 of us were working hard at Midtown Clinic.
It's ok though, because my professor was scale checking, I had already rubber cup polished, so I didn't need the power for anything.
Other students....not so lucky as me.
My hardest thing was trying to figure out a way for her to pay, since I hadn't put any information into the computer yet, and we didn't have the computers to use anyway. Ah---how did people function without computers????
The power has now come back on, but not our clinics software program, so I can't insert my afternoon patient into Eaglesoft, like I had planned, which would have fulfilled another requirement that I need to get done. Argh. Thats ok though. I'll just sit here and blog until pod wrap.

No comments: