Thursday, December 3, 2009

two quick ones

Well...at least I realized how fast I can do 1B's and class V's today. My patient cancelled (sick baby) last night at 11pm, and since my familia all bailed on me (they were helping clean my sisters new house she's moving into....if she ever makes it out of Colombia!!!), my wonderful roommate Kelsey came in for me this morning. It was fabulous because she is a 1st year student, so she told me what I did wrong...haahaa. I wish she would've told me more though---I need to correct some of my bad habits! Just kidding. But it was funny cause I was explaining to her how much easier it is to instrument an ultrasonic through a 1B like her, that has so little build-up, than to try and scale, cause really-scaling is pretty pointless. The other thing I kept getting flustered about was the fact she knew everything I was doing, and so I felt like explaining anything was pointless, but then I felt like I wasn't talking to her, and she wasn't seeing a normal pt encounter anyway. So that was a really fast appointment, and I could easily have done two patients, but who knew that I would be doing her!
My second patient was a recall class V. The only problem with double scheduling on Class V's, is that you never really know how hard it will be. Some class V's come in squeaky clean before you even start cleaning. Some class V's come in almost a Class II all over again. But this was a squeaky clean Class V, and she had to leave by two. So she was done by two. And once again I had a whole barrel of time. So now I just need to remember this experience for next semester and not waste any time, because I have a feeling with boards being early, and mockboards the end of January---there won't be any time to squander!
Drum roll....HAPPY LAST DAY OF CLINICALS!!!! ONE MORE SEMESTER TO GO!

No comments: