Friday, October 8, 2010

My Honey

Once upon a time, my sister Kayli was engaged (or almost engaged?) and home for the holidays. While playing a card game, she was on the same team as dad and we had taken a break and I can't remember what she said but she referred to dad as "honey". We all laughed really hard for a long time. On Wednesday, I had flashbacks of this experience.

I had spent the morning canning applesauce with my mother and my little brother Ethan came upstairs for lunch. I was really excited about my applesauce so I said "HONEY! Look how good my applesauce looks!" Then I realized what I'd said, and Ethan had a little smile on his face, and mom was laughing. Hm. I think I call Sterling that. A lot.

Last night at the temple we saw the Hahn's, the family Sterling lived with before his mission, and it was super fun to see them. I love the mom, Melanie, she's always so interested in our lives and so happy for us, and tells us that we are so amazing. I love people like that.

Last night after the temple we went to Marrieds Committee at the institute (my favorite part of the week, mostly because I get to socialize with other young wives like myself) and a couple was asked to come up and role play an argument that they might have had. They sat down in chairs and then the husband got all choked up and said he was ruining the role play because he honestly couldn't remember what any of their arguments had been about, and that his wife was so sweet and that they always stayed in the same room and talked until they understood each other. It was the sweetest thing in my life. And I don't think it killed the role play at all.

My husband is the best man and husband in the whole entire universe of worlds. And he talked to me the whole drive to work today because I thought I was going to die on the freeway because it was raining so hard and hailing that I could barely see, and I was going 20 mph, and every truck that went past me sent water over my entire car. It was more than a little nerve wracking. I'm done with the rain. Really, really.

3 comments:

Kayli said...

You have the story just a little confused. At the time that we were playing a game and I called dad "Honey" I wasn't even married or engaged or close to being engaged. It was when I was in high school and Megan was pregnant with Danica and she laughed so hard we all said she would have her baby, and then her water broke that night and she did have her baby.

Since being married to Brett I have called pretty much most people honey on numerous occasions. I almost never call him Brett, just honey.

I think that last story about the couple who can't think of any arguments was a little sickening. BUt good for them.

Megan said...

I was going to correct your story but I see Kayli did. I am glad Sterling talked to you the whole way home. That was nice - although probably added to the possibility of you dying since you were talking on the phone and trying to drive in a rain storm. And Kayli I agree.

Andrea said...

Yeah, lame story. But, newlyweds are often *cough* a little syrupy--so whatever.

Why were you talking on a cell phone during a major rain storm when two hands on the wheel and full concentration on the road would have been a wiser choice?

I have no idea what I call Timothy besides Timothy. Strange. I'll have to pay more attention to myself.