Friday, October 29, 2010

Date Day

Sterling has had a TON TON TON of tests lately...which has greatly reduced our amount of time together. Thursday is one of his most free days, and his tests were all over...so when I got off work at 1:00, we went to the mall together. We weren't really buying anything, but it was so much fun to spend all afternoon with him!!! We spent an hour and a half at Quilted Bear. Crazy, I know. Initially we went in to see if they had any of the knitted stockings that I've fallen in love with. They didn't. But then Sterling noticed they had a whole corner of hot sauces. He spent FOREVER pouring over the labels. I even went and used the bathroom and came back and he was STILL reading them! (and yes, they have hot sauces 600x hotter than jabanero peppers....it says you have to dilute the sauce before using. Crazy.) It was funny too because later that night we were at marrieds committee and they fed us dinner (clam chowder, yum!) and Sterling turned to Eric (he lives in our apartment complex, is in our ward, and was on institute council last year, so we know Eric and Brittany really well) and said "We found the greatest thing at Quilted Bear today!!!!" and everyone just started laughing because, really, who gets that excited about Quilted Bear??? Haahaa. He actually bought some Dave's Insanity popcorn. Anyone's welcome to come and try it when he decides to pop it!

Then we went to the dollar theater and watched Toy Story 3, and can I just say, that movie is the best! I love it more than the other two! And I cried through the whole ending. Pathetic, I know. But hey, it was touching! Even better, now whenever Sterling flips through channels on the radio, he stops at the Spanish channel and says "I'm going into Buzz mode" and starts swinging his hips! Its the best. I love, love, love that man!

Then we went to Married's Committee and had a shortened lesson so we could all eat dinner! It was a fabulous day, and I'm so happy I got to see my hubby so much! Now....I should probably do something about the massive piles of scrapbooking paraphanelia and pictures all over our living room floor. Is it bad to just glue pictures to a plain-colored page so that you can have all your pictures from college and going to Chicago in order and stop worrying about it? Because really, I just want to do everything digitally from now on...but I still have these pictures to scrapbook, and I am so sick of them! That is all.

1 comment:

Jerusha said...

I totally cried at the end too. I watched it today with Allison(age 2) she was like "mommy what's sad" I said "not sad, happy" she was definitely puzzled.