Monday, October 18, 2010

Recent Happenings That I Have Been Too Lazy To Post Until Now...

This first picture was taken on my way to my mother's house, in Sardine Canyon. I was very disappointed in this canyon this fall, because it rained all week and got really cold all of a sudden, and so none of the leaves really changed colors, they just fell off. But I got a couple neat pictures.

This is what the sky looked like when I came out of the canyon. I pulled over and took pictures. It was amazing! These are the pumpkins that Sterling and I painted...and the pumpkin house and headstone. We had a lot of fun!This was one afternoon when Sterling wanted to put off homework for a bit, and we went a flew a kite. He flew the kite and played his guitar, I read my book and occasionally took pictures. But he is INCREDIBLY good-looking, especially here.Story of the collage: Sterling seemed very far away...so I got closer. Then he got camera-shy and tried to ignore me, when that didn 't work, he pouted, and when I took a picture of that, he smiled, hoping that would be enough. Then he started jamming out. Then he pretended nothing eveer happened. The end.This is the beginning of our "camping" party at Sterling's mom's house. (It was Fall Break this weekend). We were originally going to be at a cabin...but when that didn't work we decided to camp in the backyard (even though a tent was set up, we all ended up in beds, haahaa). This is everyone making tinfoil dinners. I think Jenny was trying to show off that she just got her braces off, but her tongue is kinda in the way!
This is all of us getting really excited to start the fire! (okay, mostly Jenny, but everyone really was excited)
Ethan was posing. As what, I'm not quite sure....haha!
I absolutely LOVE this picture of Cindy (mom) because she NEVER smiles big for the camera! You have to catch her off-guard!

Everyone warming up by the fire... We went to a pumpkin patch earlier in the evening, and everyone got to pick out a little pumpkin, they looked so cute on the mantle!!!
Jess took this picture for us, because she thought it was HILARIOUS that Sterling fell asleep while Jenny was trying to read him a story.

Grandma Ball was also reading stories!
This is a craft we did the next morning...mine looks a little shabby because some candy corn fell off on the drive home, but they were a lot of fun, even though we had a major homemade chicken noodle soup catastrophe mid-craft (not saying I was in charge or anything...)
The next night we stayed over at the Rasmussen household and Sterling stayed up with Wyatt and Tim until 4am playing the Wii. Sigh. The next morning Sterling did Chemistry homework while we went to the American West Heritage Center Fall Days. This is a man helping Emeline get the kernels off her corn cob.

Miriam made a corn husk doll, and I thought it turned out really pretty. Oh and that belly is Andrea's pregnant belly. Just so ya'all know.
This is Emeline's corn cob completely devoid of kernels. We tried to do that to Eli's, he got very upset. Later on, his kernels came in handy because he ate them. Haahaa.

This is Andrea's kids in a Model-T. I thought it was pretty nifty.
They gave train rides...it was awesome!
The only reason I have so many pictures to post is because Andrea had me take pictures for her of her kids...this is them riding in the caboose. Somewhat like a jail...which is why Andrea liked it so much! Haahaa After the jail, we put some kids in stocks...
We tried a corn maze, but we all were pretty tired and decided to cut through the corn and not follow the trail to get out. All in all, it was quite fun. Not quite as exciting as the first time I went there, but still fun to see the kids watch everything and get rides.
So, these have been our fall activities! Sorry you had to look at so many pictures!

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Hi Linds. You da man.