Monday, November 21, 2011

Disney on Ice

My older sister Megan and her husband went to Hawaii for two weeks. My mom and I split the days to babysit her kids...well, mostly my mom. I think I babysat five days and she was gone a lot longer. Anyway, point of story I got to surprise her kids and take them to Disney on Ice!!! I pulled them all out of school early and Danica was the only one who knew why! (and every single person who helped me said to the kids"Your sister is here" do I really look that young?) The whole way to SLC they were guessing, and then once in SLC Myles saw a sign about it, and guessed thats what we were going to.
This is Kiersten, Danica and Ruth. Kiersten was probably the most fun person to watch. Every time a princess came on the ice her jaw dropped and she would look over at me like "Are we really here?"


Lynnaea was also very excited about being there.

My handsome hubby and Devaney.

Myles and Flash...I mean Anders. We got them some cotton candy and it came with a mask, Anders chose the Flash mask and wore it all night long.

This is how big my baby's eyes got whenever fireworks went off or there were loud noises....so pretty much the entire time.











Kiersten was not into taking this picture, and Devaney was more than a little frustrated at being held still.


I wish I could've videotaped the duet iceskating/dance between Simba and Nala...it was INCREDIBLE. He did all sorts of flips with her, and she was upside down half the time, and it was amazing. I love iceskating.Definitely one of my favorites. That and the pirates from Peter Pan. And Aladdin...they flew on a magic carpet and everything, and the genie came out of the lamp with fireworks. It was amazing.








The end. It was a fabulous night. Then we took all the kids to Chuck-a-Rama. They were SO excited! Apparently their dad doesn't like Chuckarama, so they never get to go. I can see why my parents never went out to dinner, its too much work(and money).I'd rather make dinner at home and do the dishes and send them all to bed. But it was really fun to have them so excited all night long.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thank you so much for taking pictures of the night and for taking them!!!! You are an awesome sister and sterling is an awesome brother-in-law!! I really appreciate it!!