Saturday, June 25, 2016

DAD

I jumped over Father's Day in my last post and so we're going to go back a bit. It was a nice Sunday--Sterling had already gotten a jacket and a t-shirt (plus a tv a few months ago that I said was all Father's Day haha) because I cannot wait to save my life to give him things. But we were able to cook bacon for breakfast even though we'd just moved in, haha. And he got to take a nap after church, and then go on a beautiful family walk in the afternoon. This was really, really nice because during the weeks we have being seeing zero of him. He's been given a project that requires overtime, which he agreed to because all the extra income we can get before med school starts up again mid-July is SUPER helpful. Big blessing, even though he's always gone. He leaves before we're really up and going, then stays after work and usually get home at 8pm just in time to kiss the kids goodnight. He might eat, chat with me for a minute, and then he goes and studies from 9pm-11, or that's what he tells me. I don't think he's been to bed before midnight in quite some time. 

But, he has been promising he will go swimming with the kids for a couple weeks now and TODAY was the day! He's gone now to work overtime the rest of the afternoon, but we got him for an entire morning and it was absolutely splendid. It's fun to show off all the kids' swimming skills--and they adore having daddy to show off to!

Those goggles! 

Ruthie can dive under and grab the diving sticks. She was very excited to show daddy. 

Sterling kept teaching him to say "giddyup Gus!" and it was hilarious!
I worked with Ruth a week or so ago on the back stroke. "Tickle. T. Touch." Just like I learned it. She's getting really good now. 


He spun them around until they fell off. It was hilarious. They were laughing SOOO hard!
Will's grin!

I like how Sterling caught the action of them both jumping on at the same time. 



My camera did weird things, but that little burrito is the CUTEST! 
And it wouldn't be a typical Haws pool outing if Will wasn't chillaxin'. Haahaa. 
Those goggles though! I just LOOOVE it!
This was definitely the highlight. I hear this SHRIEKING "MOM! MOM! Look! A mermaid! A real live one! Mom! Look! A mermaid!" as she frantically swims after her. Luckily, the sweet mermaid stopped and posed for us and Ruthie was in seventh heaven. She seriously was so thrilled she could hardly stand it. It was the cutest, sweetest, most magical thing. My heart. I love that girl!

The kids had the time of their lives. Dad is definitely #1 around here and we are so glad we got to spend all of our morning with him. I don't know how we are going to stand being away so long in Utah! He's the best and he works so hard and we are SOOO grateful!

Some fun things from around here lately:
Will, instead of saying 'interrupting' saying 'inter-ing-up' and it is ADORABLE. "Ruth! Stop! You're inter-ing-up me!" haahaa.
Will also says some hilarious things, like instead of diarrhea he says "dee-oh-rye-uh" and I just love how he mixes up those syllables.
Will also comes out of the bathroom every single time, without fail, with his shirt tucked into his shorts because he just pulls them up and it gets caught. Does anyone else just LOVE that?!?! It has got to be one of the cutest things in my life.
All of our kids are scared of the ducks by our house except Molly. She walks right up to them (they are literally as tall as she is) and screams "NO! GO 'WAY! GO 'WAY!" and then swaggers off as if she won something. It is HILARIOUS.
All of our kids do the Baymax hand shake now (from Big Hero 6--if you haven't seen it, check it out NOW!). We got that movie from the library, watched it a billion times because I was packing and the kids needed to be occupied, and then again with Sterling because we all love it so much. The best is watching Molly fist bump and then "Ba-la-la-la-la" into the air. I just die.

I have a washer and dryer. That might be snuck into every single post forever now.
I also have a utensil holder in our dishwasher. It is a beautiful thing.
I only have to clean two bathrooms now. Love.
Our tile is NOT white. I repeat, it is NOT white. There has never been such a glorious thing in my life. I can actually go half a day without sweeping because IT'S NOT WHITE. (If anyone ever loses their head and wants white floor, don't. Just don't. Not ever. It's worse than you could even imagine.) The happiness of this truth just makes me smile.
The cheapest gas station is on the same corner as our house, as is the closest/cheapest grocery store. Which means I DON'T HAVE TO TRAVEL TWENTY MINUTES to shop. This is a rarity in Miami, and trust me, I do not take it for granted. More love.
We don't have to pay water at this apartment. YAY!.
We also get a new 1-yr reduced price for internet because we moved. Another yay!
Apartment--I love you. So much.
Oh yeah. And we live by a Panda Express. I like American Chinese food and at our old apartment, the closest Chinese was this Panda Express--25 minutes away. So it's pretty exciting for me. And yes, yes we did eat there the night we moved in before everything was unpacked. I miss Chinese. I know I will miss Cuban when we move (definitely will miss Pollo Tropical) but it is fun to have some change.

That is all. Have a wonderful day folks!


1 comment:

Bridget said...

Your kidisms are my favorite thing about your blog! Wills little quirks are so adorable! I can NOT wait to see you this weekend! I may have called in sick to work Thursday and Friday so I can party with you all :)