Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Alligator Farm

I was really not feeling great on the day we did the Everglades. Megan wanted to see it all (which was actually pretty awesome, because it's quite the drive from where we live all the way to the bottom, and we haven't done it before, so I'm glad we got the chance) and that made for quite a bit of driving. Ruth got carsick. I don't know if I was carsick or just pregnant (both) and Will was getting over a bug and had some other bodily problems that made us aware of where EVERY SINGLE BATHROOM was, haha. I wish we would have felt a little better, cause it was a pretty amazing day. We started out at Robert Is Here. I thought I pulled out my camera, but looking back I think I was using mom's. We love Robert Is Here, and luckily for us, Megan and Jared and family and mom loved it a ton too! So much so that we went back that evening, haha. It's a fruit stand, with the most tropical fruit of any..in the US? I can't remember. Anyway, they let you sample a ton of it. And they have a million kinds of honey they let you sample. And they have incredible shakes they let you put any of their fruit into in any combination (we tried a key lime strawberry shake because I kind of stick to what I love after trying guanabana last time and hating it...and the key lime strawberry was TO DIE FOR AMAZING!) and I think Jared got a guava/mango/something and it was really good, too. Myles bought some alligator jerky, he said it was all right. Megan bought a thousand things that were ALL DELICIOUS, but mostly the mangoes. They were perfection. She bought several bags and we ate them all day long, and now I want to drive back to Robert Is Here just thinking about it. She also bought these little black things that I didn't like at all, but Sterling did. And mom tried this cajun tortilla chip (homemade) with salsa that was so delicious (we also bought more that night because we loved it so much). I can't even remember all the fruits now, but we loaded up. That is one of the awesome treats of traveling with Megan. Definitely a highlight of the trip. They also have a petting zoo and a few other things there, so that was fun. 

From there we went straight to the Alligator Farm. We had heard it was pretty cool (also pretty pricey! but the closest one on the way we were headed) and it was pretty cool. I feel like Sterling and I were a little underwhelmed because 1)I've been to Gatorland in Orlando which is five times the size of this one, but basically the same thing. 2) We've gone biking in Shark Valley several times and seen the gators up close. 3) We've both done air boat rides (separately, Sterling with friends, and me with our cousin Mariah) and while this one was more "exciting" the other ones were longer and more informative, and we kind of missed that. But all that aside---there was a lot of cool things to do and see, and I hope that Megan and fam enjoyed it!!! 

Kiersten got to be the one picked in the snake show to hold a snake. Only then they switched the snake on her to this massive one. She was VERY brave.








Lynnaea was very unsure, haha.


That was one big gator.

Start of the airboat ride. Luckily, I was smack dab in the middle. Because this driver was CRAZY and mom and Jared were SOAKED by the end!


This is the best one I got of Megan, Lynnaea, Danica and Kiersten behind us.


I think it is HILARIOUS that they were making the exact same face.




Our crazy driver.





Wet! 

I was super surprised at how awesome the kids thought getting wet was. I was nervous they'd be scared or cry. But they grinned and grinned (Will with his eyes shut tight) the entire time. It was pretty awesome to fly across the Everglades with the water spraying at you and the wind blowing. I really, really love air boat rides. If you ever have a chance, definitely try it out. I want to go at least one more time before we move!


This guy gave us a gator show.




She's held a gator before, but she got a little nervous this time.



I need to find the picture Megan took of my mom holding it. It is HILARIOUS. All in all, it was really really fun. We got to walk around and see a lot of gators and crocodiles and birds and things. It was fun just being around the cousins and we had a great time. Then we drove on to the Everglades!

No comments: