Friday, June 8, 2018

Mother's Day (a week after)



 Mother's Day was perfect. I wish I would have typed this up sooner so that I remembered better! The kids let me 'sleep in' (we have nine o-clock church so I showered and got ready while they bustled about downstairs) and made me a special breakfast--breakfast monsters! They had cards for me, and Sterling got the "R" for my chain for Russell--maybe with some help from me, haha. We had a lovely day at church, although it was pretty crazy. I had to give a talk, and play the organ, and accompany a musical number, and play in primary---and that was the FIRST time I'd been asked to anything in this new ward, and then suddenly--it was all on one day! Haha! I've actually been called to be organist now, but besides leaving Sterling on the bench with four kids ages 6 and under, it's not too bad haha. 

After church my friend Aleesha and her family met up with us! I'll have to find those pictures to post--but it was awesome! It was horribly rainy, but we ended up having them over and having dinner and caramel popcorn and our kids had such a great time playing together. It was a good day.
Gotta say, these kids are the best.







I had a wonderful time writing my talk for church. I almost should just copy and paste it here. I love taking time to focus on learning about mothers and the gospel. About our importance and our worth and value. About the wonderful and happy place we provide and sustain in our home. And reminding myself that I have such a strong testimony of families, of motherhood, and of their celestial importance in eternity. It's such an incredibly beautiful thing to be a part of--even amidst all of the mundane.

No comments: