Sunday, March 1, 2020

The Pilgrimage Home to Florida September 2019

Russ was toddling off right before this picture and dad said "Man, I'm really going to miss that little guy." and my heart almost burst. Why did we have to leave!!?!?!?
Sterling had spent the entire summer studying for Step 2. When we went to sign up for it, the closest one that fit the time constraints that we needed was in Casper, Wyoming. We signed up for it and then Megan found out and told us that her great friends lived there and they'd for sure let us spend a night (no hotel, yay!) and it turned out being the best thing ever. I don't know that I have ever met more gracious and hospitable people in my life. The Bertagnolli's seemed to realize that this test was pretty important and we were all a little stressed out (okay, Sterling was in freak out mode and we were all trying to cope around it). Brian got up and made us breakfast, offered to take our kids for the morning while I dropped Sterling off at the testing center, gave me directions to fun places to take the kids during the day (it's an 8 hour test) and then they even took us out to dinner that night, complete with their son teaming up with Russ one on one and fully taking care of him the entire time. They were legitimately so amazing. I kind of wanted to stay in Casper and move right in HAAHAHAHA. I am so grateful they made that day so great---we can never repay them!
A hike he had told me would be fun to take the kids on. They LOVED it but we were definitely not prepared for the temperature drop in Wyoming.






















Then we went to a park for a really long time.





We stayed a second night and then our road trip really began. I don't think we were driving right here...



And I guess that's all the pics I have of our trip back, haha. It went really well actually. The last day was horribly long--as it always seems to be. It felt SOOO weird to be home and also looked perfectly normal.

No comments: