Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Zions National Park



So I didn't have my long day of clinicals/radiology yesterday, because it was Labor Day! To celebrate the long weekend, me, my cousin Reagan, my best friend Aleesha, her roommate Michelle, and their friend Juliana went to Zions National Park. We've been planning it for most of the summer, and it was more awesome than we could have imagined. We had oodles of fun, MILES of hiking, GORGEOUS scenery, good food at BLONDIE'S, HILARIOUS shuttle bus drivers, WINDY storms at night, ONE tent, and RAIN. Thats the main parts of the trip. I would definitely recommend a camping trip with five girls sometime in your life. We had a blast. No problems, no squabbles, everyone got along SUPER well, we NEVER got lost(even though we also never knew where we were headed, but signs are a marvelous invention). For those who have been to Zions we hiked the Narrows(no pics, sorry, no one wanted to drop a camera in the water) which had water at one point ABOVE my hand, which was extended above my head, and yes, I was completely submerged. We hiked Angels Landing(completely soaked in the rain). We hiked Hidden Canyon, the three Emerald Pools, and a couple other short little ones. It was an amazing, inspiring, intensely tiring trip. I loved every minute of it. Sorry to Aleesha that you were sick the entire time, and sorry to Reagan for all of you blisters. You guys were great! Oh, and a thanks to my dad for the use of four sleeping bags and a cooler, and a thanks to my sister Megan for her tent and camping stove.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are welcome and I am glad you had a great time. Sigh - reminds me of the good ol days before kids - enjoy!!!