Thursday, October 22, 2009

Clinics for the Week

I had VA on Tuesday, and it went pretty well. As per my norm, my first patient no-showed, so I had a pt come in at 9:30, but I didn't have much time with him, and he would NOT get numb! He was the first anesthesia injections I've done on a patient---of course, he didn't know that--- and so Prof M redid my injections. Still no numbness. Argh! So we did Oraqix and papillary injections. Still...not really numb. So we scheduled him for the next day and some nitrous, and I got credit for one quad. Argh. Although, it was nice to get some experience with injections. Second patient also needed anesthesia, I did fine with it, and finished two quads, which was all that he needed since he had been seen before. Three quads in an entire day. I can't do this and fulfill all my requirements!

Today at WSU we had lab in the morning and learned a bunch of stuff so that we can do it on our own---Arestin, blood glucose testing, subgingival irrigation, and it was pretty fun. We talked to hot dogs. And injected stuff into them. Maybe you had to be there. But then it was awesome because I had a pt this afternoon that I got to give two injections of Arestin to! Yay! It was pretty fun. It was a fairly chill afternoon---after opening three ultrasonics to get one that had an o-ring that worked. I didn't even know what they were until today. I did three quads of a class V. Probably should've tried to double book myself, but it was nice to get her done, feel like I could really spend some time on her, and feel good about life in general.

Thats all folks!

No comments: