Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mockboards

WEll....technically my patient would have been dismissed because he had an abscess on the other side of his mouth. Luckily, its a MOCKboard....so they let me get away with it. I didn't pass anyway though. Sigh. I was really close though. And Prof Perry is amazing and went over every single detail with me this afternoon, and I actually feel really good about it. I was good on my probe depths and recession, and all that sort of stuff, so that was happy. And I think I knew my mistakes, I had just been working on it for so long, and gotten SO MUCH off, that you start to miss smaller things. Also, by the end of the appointment he was REALLY tender, and so next time: don't give an option for anesthesia. Its required for board patients. Because I really think thats why I missed them, cause I had got the major bulk, and then he wouldn't let me get lower. Oh well. It was actually a really great day, and I am so glad its over, and all in all it was super successful. Sigh. One more stress down.

No comments: