Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wake-Up

Okay, so my very first HARD Class III patient Tuesday at the VA, and let me tell ya, I was eating a load of humble pie! I suppose I've been pretty cocky about my abilities at removing calculus. Not anymore. It was a rough day, with lots of juggling, lots of time wasted, but it was four quads of a Class III, so I can't really complain.
Lets just say Lindsay keeps learning lessons! Today I spent an hour working on a health history of a patient....who already had a chart and I had no idea. I've never had that happen before, and it was kinda maddening--but no one's fault but my own. Sigh. But I did get one quad of a Class III and two quads of a Class V. I only finished one quad, but I buffed up my skills of conventional film (I wish the entire universe used phosphor plate!!!) and I've got her rescheduled.
HAPPY NEWS! I got my new loupes during lunch...and I'll come back and tell ya how afternoon clinic went!
Afternoon was great, sometimes it seems to take so much longer than the average day! I did OD, 4 bitewings, and two quads of a Class V, which wasn't the easiest, but it wasn't incredibly difficult either. Glad its over. Now I am going to study and take a test. Fabulous. Oh, but PS I got my loupes and I used them today and I love, love, LOVE them, it wasn't really that hard to get used to, it was just really fun to see things!

No comments: