Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Funny Stories

Today was voting day. And since Sterling has been in political science all semester and very involved in everything, I was all primed to go vote and feel like I actually knew what I was voting for. The place to vote is right next to where I work part-time (luckily...I couldn't work there full-time, and besides, I'm starting to like subbing all over creation although I am getting sick of deciding last minute what my day will be like....anyway....) and because we only have one vehicle, Sterling actually walked to my work and took the car midway through the day so he could get to work. When this happens I usually go to my friend Chantelle's and hang out for the evening because both our husbands work and her apartment is on the same corner as the dental office. Nice. Anyway....voting is also a block away. So I walked to vote.

I gave the nice volunteer lady my ID and then as she searched for my name I watched her finger on the paper until she mumbled "sterling haws" and I said "That's my husband! I should be right here." And then another lady said "You know Sterling Haws?" and I said "That's my husband." And she got really, really excited along with another lady, because...lo and behold, Sterling had left his drivers license there when he had voted earlier on in the day, and they had planned on mailing it to us, but they were happy to give it to me. They thought it was hilarious that I wasn't too concerned that he had lost it. What can I say, it's Sterling! It was even funnier because our next-door-neighbors in our apartment complex were voting and they heard the whole story and had a good laugh. Really though, I think God decided that because he wouldn't create a perfect man, he invented the trait of forgetfulness. Every single morning I ask Sterling as we walk out the door if he has his wallet, phone, and keys. Every single morning he's missing at least one of them. Its his most often forgotten items. I suppose I can live with that.

Then when Sterling came home from work he had a hilarious Norman story to tell. Norman and Eleanor are my favorite people at Mountain Ridge Assisted Living because every single night Sterling has some funny story to tell about them, and he loves working with them. Sterling is a med tech so he takes pills to all the residents all day long in rounds. So he was talking with Norman and Eleanor while Norman was taking his pills (Sterling has to watch him take all of them) and I guess my homemade bread made it into the conversation, and Sterling told them that I always make homemade bread and that its delicious, and that I'm amazing...hahaaa. Norman said "Wow, that is amazing." So then Sterling said I was the perfect wife. "Yeah, but if she's perfect than why the hell did she marry you???" Haahaaahaaaa

So that is the funny little stories from our little lives. I could post all the CRAZY voicemails that my impatient sisters left all day long. They even left some on Sterling's phone, and Sterling said "Your sister called you 'goosey' on my voicemail today. I'm not even sure what that means." Haahaa. It was pretty funny. Also, today I watched a girl get fake eyelashes and it looked painful. I don't know if its worth it, and its especially not worth the money. The end.

No comments: