Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bubble Baths

I am a bathing kind of a girl. Showers are great in their own right, and I love the feeling of a warm shower especially when you get up to a chilly winter morning...but lets just say the college year I lived in houses with ONLY a shower were very, very sad. I had to go home on weekends just to get a lovely bath in. I also remember feeling really guilty late one night when I was living with a couple right before I got married (they housed me for four weeks because it was the beginning of the semester and I didn't want to pay for an apartment for a month) because I took a bath, and it felt delicious....but it was REALLY REALLY REALLY late, and I kept worrying that I'd wake someone up. I also love BUBBLES in my bath. Lots of them. My favorite part of our honeymoon was the jet tub in our room. The bubbles they had there were awesome.

I have found lately, that pregnancy makes me EXHAUSTED! Yes, me, who used to run 800 miles an hour, be participating in 8000 things on campus, and studying late and going to the gym early every SINGLE day. Lately, one 8-hour shift kills me. By 8pm I am sagging and if I happen to lay my head down, I'm out. I get tired just thinking about work in the morning. So, I've started bathing a lot, you know, to keep up morale and all. And then I ran out of bubble bath. I tried taking a bath a couple days ago without the bubbles. It was definitely not as cozy. So tonight, after working an 8 hour shift and then telling my boss that I basically can't work for him till March (he already knew I couldn't work January) because of my new job (YES I GOT THE JOB!) and the maternity leaves I'm covering....and after eating a delicious meal that Sterling took me to because I thought if I didn't eat the SECOND I got off work I'd be puking, and it would ruin the whole night....I scoured the entire house for bubble bath.

AMAZINGLY, I found a teeny, tiny, travel size bottle in a little corner of our medicine/cabinet/rubbermaid container. I also found some travel hand sanitizer and a couple of other useful things. I was SO EXCITED to have bubbles!!!!!!!! Let me just tell you, I had a marvelous bath. I also finished reading almost all of the Ensign, which is a big accomplishment for me, because usually I pick and choose between what I think looks appealing to read or not. I think I might make it a new year resolution to read the Ensign all the way through every month.

Now I'm looking at the dishes and the clean laundry (why is it always clean laundry that I can't seem to put away????) and wishing I was back in my warm bath with bubbles, and that the dishes were miles away. Maybe I'll just go to bed. It's after 8pm after all!

4 comments:

Kayli said...

Your favorite part of your honeymoon was your jet tub? I find that disturbing.

Brooke said...

I was thinking the same thing!
Doc

The Haws Family said...

I like to keep my blog g-rated thank you.

Kayli said...

Why? G-rated isn't as fun.