Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spring Fever

End of my first trimester soon....spring fever....finally feel like I have some energy....finally being sick of my dirty house????

For any and all of the above reasons, I cleaned my apartment today. Deep cleaned. Cleaned like it has not been cleaned since at least before I started getting sick from being preggo in December. So it's been at least six weeks, if not more.

I also had some extra initiative because my sister Kami is coming down for the big Rasmussen January birthday dinner tonight (we have something like 7 birthdays in January) and her kids are being babysat at our apartment. Hence, all of the stacks and stacks of paperwork that I had out for medicaid, WIC, taxes, etc. had to be gone through so that no little kids could get into them tonight and mess up the somewhat organized piles I had them in...which led to further babyproofing of the apartment, because really, we leave a lot of important stuff at really low levels because we don't have to have our apartment baby proofed. Yet.

Which led to an entire house deep cleaning. Now I'm taking a break. It took me two hours to go through all of our insurance papers and the above mentioned paper stacks, and sort them and make new file folders and get all of that filed and put away. Then another couple hours on the kitchen and dishes. Another hour on the bathroom. An hour putting clean laundry away and moving items out of our second bedroom (like Sterling's stereo that was on the floor, and a big box of laundry detergent...which made me cringe because my niece Olivia pulled that onto herself when she was a baby and had to go to the hospital--wasn't she life-flighted to Primary Childrens???) and into the closet that we usually have all that stuff in, it just slowly gets pulled out and never put back.

All I have left is ironing and vacuuming. But I got distracted trying to find something yummier than bread to eat some Nutella on. No luck yet. Maybe just a spoon? But it feels really good to finally have a clean house, and not just a tidied house. And I also feel exhausted and ready to take a nap.

I have a new pile of things in our bedroom: a bassinet, a laundry basket full of clean maternity clothes from my sisters, the solar system mobile Sterling wants to have above our crib, and the bag of pregnancy things they gave us at our first visit. For now, I think it might be in that pile for awhile. At least until we're ready to give up our futon(sp?) and tv in the second bedroom.

AHHH....I LOVE the feeling of a clean house. It makes me feel like all the Saturday's growing up, where the whole house got cleaned before you could go to a friends house or do anything. I guess it always feels good to go back to your traditions.

2 comments:

Den said...

First of all, congrats Lindsay!!! I'm excited for you two! I know this is random but I have a great nutella suggestion: It is so good if you put it on cookies (especially those piroline tube cookies.) Apples are also good!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! NO i'm not prego! Haha that's your job! Besides, i've only been married for 6 weeks! I'll just play with your baby ok? Love you!