Monday, April 25, 2011

Lately

Sterling and I have been thoroughly enjoying the break from school. We spent a day at Antelope Island (which started out as just being a walk at a park, so I didn't bring my camera) and it was the first time I have ever been there. It was fun, but chilly. We saw an antelope, a fox, TONS of buffalo, and had a delicious lunch there. The next day we headed up to Logan to go to the temple. Because this beloved temple is closed for remodeling: We had a great time beforehand grabbing a dinner at my brother Wyatt's house---he treated us to steak off his new grill, red potatoes, fresh strawberries, and other delicious foods. He has a new thing with lemons on his steak, and it is DIVINE!




It was our first time back to the Logan temple since we got married, so that was neat. Except I seriously thought I was going to die pretty much the entire session. I haven't been getting leg cramps with my pregnancy, but my legs get this really antsy feeling(I seriously feel like I have ADD or something) and I just can't sit STILL for the life of me! I felt bad for the two ladies sitting next to me because I kept switching positions. Then, I got a wave of nausea, which staved off the antsy feeling, but it was because it was so HOT in that room. And then the rest of the session I focused on breathing and not passing out. Seriously--they need to have special sessions for pregnant women that BLOW COLD AIR the ENTIRE TIME! My sister Andrea said she feels the same way, and I thought that since I'm usually freezing, it wouldn't ever be a big deal for me. I felt so sick by the end of the session, just because of the waves of heat. Anyway, I survived, and it felt beautiful outside.


**On Saturday we spent the day at Cindy's playing with Sterling's family and coloring with chalk, dyeing easter eggs, and generally having a good time.This is Ethan's portrayal of the family. If you look closely, I am the person on the far right, and I have a rather large belly...it's awesome. I have no idea why Sterling and I are so much taller than Marlowe and Jenny...but there you have it.Dyeing easter eggs.Blowing bubbles. This was to keep the twins occupied while Cindy set up an easter egg hunt in the back yard (we were in the front).
This was my awesome Haws egg. Green is Sterling's favorite color. I let it sit in the dye for a LONG time to get it that dark!
This is Sterling's killer bunny drawing.
And my world with lots of tiny people.


***I made our first ever ROAST on Sunday!!!!!! It turned out delicious, although a little overdone on the outside pieces. I was a little worried about that because I had it in for four hours (we have choir practice before church) and it wasn't a very big roast. But still very tasty. But we have a lot of leftovers...even with it being small. Which is why we've never made one until now. Then I made dad's chocolate pudding later that night, which turned out delish-except it was really rich. I'm not used to using Hershey's cocoa, but its what we have right now, and I think I shouldn't have used the normal amount. Oh well.

No comments: