Monday, April 4, 2011

This Monday's Top Ten


  1. ...WE BOUGHT A CAR! I will post pictures soon, hopefully tonight Sterling and I will take a picture of ourselves beside it...if we do, indeed get it tonight, which might not happen. Its in the shop. Nothing to worry about...they are just fixing a little noise caused by a rattling shield over the exhaust (at least, the guy at trusty Cliff's Chevron that knows my dad really well said thats what it was, so the dealer's said they'd fix it before we took it home, and all of the above assured me it wasn't a big deal). It also has snow tires on it right now, so we have to pay to switch the tires out...but dad's hoping we can just switch it out with our old car's, cause we just put new tires on our car, and then sell our car with the snow tires on it. Reasons for buying a car:our cars transmission is dying. Sad. You can really tell when you're going inbetween 30-40 mph. Also, it turns off sometimes when you go below 20 mph. Usually just in parking lots, but one time it did it to me when I was pulling into the bank, and it was scary! Also, the odometer doesn't work, the gas gauge is a little iffy, the check engine and low tire lights are permanently on, and the doors kinda come apart when you open and close them. Hahaa...so we'll retire this car...and get a new and improved one! We're getting a 2007 Chevy Impala. My dad LOVES to look/buy new cars. My mom told me a week or so ago that I had given dad a new mission in life by asking him to help us look for a car. After looking over a few dealerships, looking extensively on eBay motors, and other online sites, we found one in Woods Cross at Auto Source. 36,000 miles on it and 8,500!!! We were very excited. Dad was a little more excited about a Buick Lucerne he found...and tried to convince us to buy it...but it was just out of our price range. So he bought it instead. Haahaa!

That was a big #1 for Monday's top ten. So we'll make the next ones much shorter.


2: General Conference this weekend was AWESOME!


3: My hubby spent a TON of time this weekend with me, watching General Conference and buying a car...it was so fun to see him!


4: I think week 22 is 6 months...which means I'm getting closer and closer to having a baby!


5: I got my hair trimmed on Saturday and the world is just a rosier place!


6: I also bought maternity capris and one maternity shirt and it is so much fun to have some new clothes that really fit! Thats probably all I will buy for myself...I've gotten a lot of hand-me-downs, and still can make most of my normal clothes fit.


7: I also bought my husband a summer-ish shirt that was on sale...and he is dang good-lookin'!


8: Sterling only has THREE more weeks of this semester!


9: My Aunt Melodie and Uncle Montey visited my parents this weekend, so we got some delicious dutch-oven potatoes, and I got to hear the song Aunt Melodie wrote and it is so pretty!


10: Hopefully the weather continues to get warmer...I"m done with snow and rain every other day! Okay, thats not really a top ten. But the beautiful weather days we have had is definitely good!

1 comment:

Kayli said...

#1 made me laugh. Sooo Dad. Brett wants to know if he traded in his Crown Vic?

Post more pictures.

Good night.