Monday, August 15, 2011

Why New Moms Are Always Late

Okay...doctors appointment in two hours...probably should start getting ready.
Mom eats, because mom is always starving.
Baby eats, and takes 40 minutes because she can't decide if she wants to sleep more, or eat more.
Mom changes baby's diaper and puts her in clean clothes for the day.
Baby makes about five noises in her diaper.
Mom changes baby's diaper.
Baby pees while mom is changing diaper(I swear I waited and waited to make sure she was REALLY done).
Mom puts new outfit on baby.
Mom tries to hurry and make hair look respectable for the day.
Mom tries on fifty billion shirts that all look too tight and starts to get really discouraged about looking decent for the day. Luckily, all pants fit.
Baby is hungry again.
Mom feeds baby.
Baby eats for twenty minutes.
Baby decides to puke up all three ounces she just consumed.(odd too, this is the one and only time she's ever spit up in her two-week existence)
All over the shirt mom finally decided looked half-ways decent.
Mom not impressed.
Changes baby, changes self(really, this shirt thing is lamesauce).
Mom hungry again, but decides to grab granola bar for the road.
Baby hungry again, since all food consumed was puked up.
Feed baby.
Have to make sure diaper bag is full for any type of emergency.
Change baby's diaper again. Probably twice, just because baby likes
to mess clean diapers, not already dirty ones.
Have to put baby in car seat.
Want to put cute bow in baby's hair for doctor's appointment, but look at clock and realize already late.
How in the world did those two hours pass that fast??!?!?!?!??!?!
Somehow, I NEVER manage to get the bow on at the beginning of the day. Sigh.

My sister Kayli said I had not posted pictures recently enough, unfortunately I can't get the photo editing program to work on this computer that I normally use, so I'll just post
a quick one from our lazy Sunday yesterday(she fell asleep like this when I was trying to get her to be happy and I thought it was so hilarious! Look at those little arms!) And I promise, as soon as I figure out this program, I will post adorably cute pictures of her instead of just funny ones:

3 comments:

Kayli said...

Well, you're pretty lucky at least that your pants fit! I hear you on the shirt thing. It is so not cool. And the dumb thing is, for me anyway, I'm a different size for as long as I'm nursing- which means I basically have to keep about 4 sizes of clothes. Normal, pregnant, post-partum, and nursing. It's ridiculous.
Ruthie is cute. "It's just, I've got such little arms." (-Meet the Robinsons)

kami said...

Ditto wht Kyli sid on the pnts thing. You re lucky.
Kmi

Carlie said...

-I l-aughed--!- -I- -think every new- mom has- to go thr-ou-g-h thi-s! Sorry, Timothy was helping me type!