Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Times

The other day I vacuumed completely around Ruth while she was sleeping and she stayed asleep the entire time. She was sleeping soundly when Sterling came home and he was making noises at her and said "Sometimes I worry that she is deaf." I just laughed at him and said "She's just a deep sleeper, I was a really deep sleeper." To which he replied, "Yeah, and you were deaf in one ear." Oh yeah. I suppose you have a point there honey.

Yesterday I had a fabulous day with my mother. If I had any notions of 7 weeks postpartum meaning take it easy, they were quickly dissolved. When I got there she hadn't finished exercising. She saw no reason why I should not join in. Haahaa! Luckily, I caught her when all she had left was stretching, and it actually did feel pretty good. We also went on a walk. I forgot that you have to jog to keep up with her. Nice that I have a jogging stroller then!

She also is amazing because she permed my hair. I think its a tad bit curly, but I'm sure in a week or so, or even after the first time I'm allowed to wash it, it'll relax a little. Sterling LOVES it! I can't decide if he really loves it as much as he says he does, or if he's just glad that I chose to perm it instead of chopping it. He really wants it long, poor guy. I'm just glad that it gave me a TON more volume (my hair never seems to have a problem in that area, until it gets long enough to be too heavy, and then it pulls itself down and flat) and it'll make it much easier to do when I work. Plus, its just nice to have a change. It's cute to see that when I pull it back I can see curls, it makes the pony tail different and thus, not so monotonous.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, a picture of my beautiful girl being SO HAPPY!
I'm very happy she has that happy face today, because last night she threw up about five or six times, and it was coming out of her nose, and she couldn't breathe because she was still throwing up, and it was SO SAD. In fact, I may or may not have called Sterling at work, in tears, for absolutely no reason...because really, there wasn't much he could do. It was very, very sad. She seemed much better after that though, and then she slept for 7 1/2 hours straight, which was beautiful. Such a sweet baby!

4 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

love that picture! It is fun to see a real smile since she wasn't so cooperative during her photo shoot! :)

Sara said...

ahem, picture of the perm?

The Haws Family said...

haha, I can't post a picture until after I'm allowed to wash it and do it myself....the first 24 hours of a perm are not the most, ah, becoming. There will be pictures though

Kayli said...

Ha ha - I love that deaf story. LOL.

And I showed Talmage this picture of Ruth, and he looked concerned adn said, "Wahh?" And I said, "No, I think she's laughing." and then he smiled. :)