Thursday, February 2, 2012

January-February Slump


This is the most beautiful baby girl in the entire world!

This is Ruth's rockin' cuz' Devaney.

These are Ruthie's pink boots that I LOVE and I ALWAYS get comments on at the store or wherever she happens to wear them.


This is just to show how beautiful my family is. Look at my man. MmmMmm.

The January-February Slump has nothing to do with that perfect little chubby face or that wonderfully handsome hubby. Or those adorable pink boots. It has to do with the gray skies that never go away lately, even if it is quite mild weather for these parts. It has to do with the cold I've developed in the space right behind my eyes. It has to do with the need to go tromping around on trails up the mountainside with our new Kelty baby backpack(a post of its own to follow). It has to do with the fact that I tried really hard to scrapbook all afternoon and after waiting three minutes for my computer to load a page, I decided it wasn't worth it, and I'd wait for Sterling's much faster computer. It has to do with the feeling that I have nothing cute to wear, even though I probably do. But nothing cute that I want to put on to get slobbered and tugged and pulled on all day. They need to make clothes that do both. And I don't really agree with the fashion world that you can be trendy and cute and comfortable. The comfortable clothes that are ACTUALLY cute are few and far between, and usually very pricey. Sigh. I usually go with comfort.
Basically, I'm whining. A full-out wintery blues whining sessions. Yes dad, I would like some cheese with my wine. Make it from Gossner's please and thank you. And if you could do something about my runny nose, it would be muchly appreciated. That is all folks. 
PS...skinny jeans? Really people? I'm not sure I can convert. Give me some time. I think its cause high school was flare jeans for me...hard to change.

2 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

Okay I was the same way with skinny jeans. Thought I would never EVER wear them. Totally flare through high school as well, but....when I finally got a pair I couldn't go back. They are so dang comfortable! But that might just be me :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get a full blown-out cold! Those pics are so so cute. I love those pink boots!!! She is a cutie pie. Mom