Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Little Bit O' Perfect

Coming home to a very happy baby because my wonderful mother took care of her all day long while I was at work. Crinkle fries and chicken nuggets in the oven...because some nights are just crinkle fry nights. A husband who comes home and asks me all about my day, and looks like the perfect daddy playing and smiling and cooing with my baby girl. And that dad is real happy about the chicken nuggets, and he doesn't even say anything about that not being a real dinner. He kisses me as he goes back to the library to fill his head up with some more biochemistry for this test he's getting stressed about, but promises to be home by eleven,  instead of midnight, just cause I asked. Getting really comfy in his pajama pants and Michigan hoodie. I'm getting attached to the idea of Michigan. Not because I really want to spend four years of my life at medical school in that freezing world, but because he likes it, and that makes me like it, a little. Baby girl waking up after she's already gone to bed. She never does that. It was nice, though. She sat on my lap and we watched tv together. And then she'd look up at me and babble away. And then she'd smile real big, like we were sharing secrets. And then I'd hug her and kiss her and hug her some more, and she'd try to eat my chin, and suck on my cheek, and all the while blow smiles and spit and sweet baby noises towards me. Her little nose and her big, big eyes, and the way her little face turned up to look at me and just laying there on my lap with her fingers wrapped around mine. And then she fell asleep in my arms, and I got to look at the most perfect little rolls of plumpness that ever was. To top it all off, he didn't even wait til eleven to get home, he came at ten. And then the night really couldn't get any more perfect.

2 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

happy! :)

Anonymous said...

Great description. Sounds like a lovely day!
Love you, Mom