Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Viewpoint

"Whose are these?" My niece, in the back seat of my car, looking at a tool set.

"Uncle Sterling's."

"He uses tools??? That is SO weird!"

"Why is that weird?"

"He's kinda a city guy."

"A city guy??? Why do you think that?"

"I dunno, he just kinda is a city guy. He just looks like a city guy."

"Ok, well what is your dad then? He dresses nice, like a city guy."

"No, he's just a fan-guy, he wears a lot of Jazz shirts, he's a big fan-guy."

"What would you say Uncle Tim is like?"

"Uh........"

"What would you say Uncle Wyatt is like?"

"Crazy. He's always doing crazy things."

"What would you say Uncle Derek is like?"

"He is silly. He's just silly."

"What would you say Grandpa is like?"

"He eats me. He is crazy, like that other one. Like Uncle Wyatt. He's always trying to eat me."

"What would you say Uncle Brett is like?"

"Uh....like Uncle Tim."

"What would you say Uncle Ethan is like?"

"He is strong....he lets me hold him, errrr....he lets me sit....he holds me sometimes."


Hm...nice to get a view of the male figures in our family from a seven year old. Very interesting. I forgot some of her comments, but I thought it was so funny!

3 comments:

Kayli said...

Ha ha. Funny. Kiersten right? If Brett is like Tim and Tim is a non-descript, I guess that makes Brett one too.

The Haws Family said...

Haha yeah, I thought that as well. I asked her if she remembered who Uncle Brett was, and she never really answered. I think I might have that temple picture. But if I do, its on Sterling's laptop, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to look for it. Sorry dude.

Anonymous said...

Ruth is so cute in those pics. That was a fun commentary from Kiersten. Mom