Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July: Part I

Oh my goodness, our fourth of July was so much fun, and we packed so much in there, and I have SO SO SO many pictures! I was supposed to be able to spend most of the day with Sterling. But as it seems to be going, his physics class took over. He finished at 5pm. So very, very sad. I just have to keep telling myself that its a six-week course, and then only one month after that to the mcat, and EVENTUALLY I will have a husband again. Right? Right. Oh yeah, and he keeps saying stuff about a huge research project this fall. It pretty much decides whether or not he graduates and if its really good-whether or not he get props for medical school. Next summer he doesn't have any school work at all. Maybe I'll focus on that bright thought.

Back to the fourth of July. We'll start with the 5k run in the morning. I signed up with my sister and her family for a race in Morgan(where she lives). I'm running a 5k with my work in September, only anyone who beats the boss gets $100. Thats a lot of money around these parts. So I thought I'd run with my sister and see how I did, and then maybe it would motivate me to start training for September. We did really well actually, except for the part where Ruth threw her teddy bear onto the ground about every five minutes, and then the part where she cried for the last mile(this was after I had reassured my sister that she LOVES her stroller and I thought she would do great)...but let me tell ya, we ran that last mile a LOT faster than the first two!



This is the little kids waiting to star their Fun Run, which was a 1/2 mile I think. Kiersten was crazy fast and came in 2nd!



See that crazy fast speed?


This is the 5k runners. Ruthie and Devaney raced via stroller.


After the fun run.
 After the Fun Run we had breakfast in Morgan and it was delicious, they also had a flag raising, cannon shooting salute. Ruth almost scrambled out of her skin when they shot the cannon off.
At the parade after breakfast. Those two strollers in the back are on the ones we raced with.

Devaney's cute 4th outfit.


The flag-raising.





Anders kept saying that Danica needed to be on this golf-cart. Cute that he realizes how much she likes soccer.

A parade is not complete without a rodeo queen.


You also have to have big horses.

And little ponies. With a little rider.

This just might be the cutest little 4th of July girl there ever was.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

I want a pony!

Megan said...

Ahhh- it was a good day - thanks for posting all the pics!